This page is under construction. Please contact us to report any errors.
Welcome BACk by Popular Demand!
The Real Bay Area Chess Championship Series
Welcome to BAC! The Chessiest Place on Earth!
Continue your fulfilling journey here.
| |These events are for advanced children (rated 1000+) and all adults.
Others, please check out our scholastic tournaments.
Prize Fund $10,000 b/117
Section Eligibility 1st 2nd 3rd 2100+ (FIDE Rated) All $1,000 $500 $200 u 2300 $500 $300 $200 1700-2099 (FIDE Rated) All $1,000 $500 $200 u 1900 $500 $300 $200 1300-1699 All $1,000 $500 $200 u 1500 $500 $300 $200 u1300 All $1,000 $500 $200 u 1100 $200
Blitz Prize Fund 70% of paid entries
Entry Fee Member Non-member Regular 99 132 Econ 73 97 Blitz 25 33 All Access
112 149 All Access
- Play-up Fee: 25 (optional)
- Late Fee: +10 (Monday before tourney) |
+20 (Wednesday before tourney) | +33 (onsite)
- Blitz Late Fee: +10 (onsite)
- Note: Member discount is only available for online pre-registration (and not onsite)
Championship Schedule & Time Control
Start Time 1 Sat 9:30a 2 Sat 1:50p 3 Sat 6:20p 4 Sun 10:00a 5 Sun 2:30p
Blitz Schedule & Time Control
- Mandatory Check-in by 7pm
- 10 rounds (games)
- Time Control: G/5 d1 (5 mins/game & a delay of 1 secs/move for both players)
- Sections of 6 players based on US Chess rating
Before You Come
When You Come
- No check-in required
- No non-players in the playing area
- General: Report any errors to the TD ASAP
- Be nice to everyone!
Calendar of EventsMore regular/adult and children tournaments coming soon! Please check back frequently.
Date Location Honoree August 14-15 Fremont Marriott (map) Jordan Langland September TBD TBD TBD (Please contact us for naming rights) October 9-10 Santa Clara Convention Center (map) TBD (Please contact us for naming rights) November 13-14 Santa Clara Convention Center (map) TBD (Please contact us for naming rights)
- Everyone's safety is our top priority. Accordingly, we will enforce all prevailing COVID-19 protocols (such as masks, social distancing, frequent handwashing, no physical contact, ...).. We need your cooperation to keep everyone's safe so expect the following:
- We will only allow players the playing area. (No spectators/non-players allowed.)
- We will require all our staff to be vaccinated and regularly tested.
- Site specific information:
- Cupertino Juniper Hilton: We will require all games to be played outside (unless both players insist to play inside). Please see detailed information about COVID safety protocols.
- San Jose Chess Center: We will limit children's tournaments at San Jose Chess Center. This is 12 players and 2 vaccinated staff members (aka pod) until further notice. Please see detailed information about COVID safety protocols.