Change, Refund and Cancellation Policy
- $7 per change request
- Requests within 24 hours of tournament start: $20
- $7 per cancelled tournament, except special events
- $20 for special events unless specified in the event info page
- Cancellation within 24 hours of tournament start: $20
- Cancellation request after a tournament has started: No refund
- $7 per reschedule request
- Rescheduled tournament value must be equal or less than original tournament registration, any differences must be paid
- Requests within 24 hours of tournament start: $20Late fee:
- Applied three (3) days before a tournament's start date if capacity has reached 85%, unless stated otherwise.
- Scholastic tournaments: $15
- Grandprix & Championships: $20
- Special Events: Please refer to event info page
- No refund/reschedule
- Prize checks are valid for 90 days. In case it becomes void, we can reissue a new check for a fee of $25 or 10% of the check amount, whichever is lower.
- Check to be reissued must not be older than one (1) year of the check date. Checks older than one (1) year will not be allowed.
Change request policy:
- up to 7 days before the camp start date - refund 75% of the paid fees
- less than 7 days before the camp start date - no refunds, 50% of the paid fees will be credited towards future camps, after-school programs or tournaments
- on or after the first camp date - no refund or credit
- up to 7 days before the camp start date - change request will be accommodated if availability permits
- less than 7 days before the camp start date - will be accommodated if availability permits WITH a $25 administrative change fee
- on or after the first camp date - no change request can be made
For more information on camps, please visit the Enrichment website:
Afterschool enrichmentThe first class of any afterschool enrichment session if free for anyone.
Anyone, who attends the second class or onwards, should have completed the payment for the semester.
We understand and acknowledge that students opinion and circumstances change rapidly in the beginninig of the semester, so we have tried to adjust our refund policy to accommodate parents the best we can.For more information on after school classes, please visit the Enrichment website: enrichment.bayareachess.com/afterschoolRefund policy based on the # of classes of the semester:
- 100% refund before the second class
- 50% refund before the third class
- 0% refund after the third class
Q: My child has missed the first free class due to various reasons (flier didn't get home in time; my child's friend attends the program and we decided to enroll my child as well). Can we have the second class as the free class and pay a prorated fee for the remaining session?
A: Unfortunately, we can't accommodate that request because it makes it difficult for us to plan and schedule the free class other than the first class in our scheduled classes. We can certainly prorate the session fee with the number of classes remaining in the session/semester.